Some Things I Used to Make

I used to post layouts online, and participate actively in the scrapbooking scene in the late 1990s and early 2000s. But in 2008-9, I can't recall exactly when, I decided to stop because strangers were starting to recognise my son, who was the main subject of my layouts! I became extremely paranoid and took down every single photo of him from online. Furthermore, he's growing up and I didn't want to infringe on his privacy. So even now, I won't be posting private stuff, here even though I've revived my crafting interests.

Anyway I posted this before in my Beauty Blog, but I wanted to share this here.

003copy

Here's a way of easy memory-keeping that I adapted in early 2009. It had its origins from mainly Ali Edwards and Stacy Julian (I'm a huge fan of both of them, totally inspired by them both!) Moving away from too much focus of embellishments, helped me to keep hold of what was important to me, the memories.

Recently, there's Project Life that also follows a similar concept of "No-scrapbook-layouts", but just adding photos into an album or divided page-protector and adding journaling cards. I must declare though that Ali Edward's Words+Pictures concept that she featured quite intensely in 2008 was the main inspiration for me.

004copy

This is also an easy way to prepare ahead of time for events.

002copy

In 2000, I was also using my scrapbooking supplies to make memory books, to support my life journey. I wasn't sure where I was going with it at that time. I was just keen to use the pretty scrapbook things to help me remember the important stuff in life.

004copy

005copy

Recently, I'm seeing alot more of this idea online, both at online classes such as Big Picture Scrapbooking (I adore BPS) and on popular/superstar's crafting blogs.

People are using mini books/scrapbooking to capture and track progress of goals, eg. weightloss or gratitude journals. One that I feel is awesome is Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Less, I personally think I might want to pick up this concept and also the set of templates, that is if I can get around the problems that my computer gives me).

001copy

003copy

These days, I'm still making mini-books to track progress of important goals or projects or remind me of things that are important. I'm working more on Art Journals if I want to learn or practise mixed-media techniques; or give voice to my personal feelings and thoughts.

My main purpose of scrapbooking now is solely memory-keeping and I'm doing a combination of Project Life and Project 365 using my own method, also adapted to my personal preferences and limitations.

Maybe I can show the idea another post.


© Copyright. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts