Sunday, 12 June 2011

3 Hearts: Beeswax



I decided to try using beeswax the way Christy taught in the She Had Three Hearts workshop and bought a small pan from the local dollar store plus a box of beeswax from our local art shop.

Over the weekend, I tried it out and quite like the texture that is created from the beeswax and stamps. I used Shiva oil sticks to add colour over the textured beeswax.


I found that it's easy to just heat the beeswax in a pan over my convection stovetop. I kept the melted beeswax warm by putting the pan over a small fondue burner that I already own. Don't need to spend lots of money on a melting pot!

Also really like using oil sticks. I don't know why no one else seems to be raving about them, but I love them and intend to get some more. I also found another brand of oil sticks at a local art store and the colours are gorgeous. I need to budget for those though, because they are professional grade and cost alot more.


Thanks for looking!!
© Copyright Aichaku. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a way to melt the beeswax -- no melting pot and too expensive to buy one, but you make it look really fun to work with (as does Christy!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

It is always so nice to hear from you! So leave me a note, you will make my day. :D